Join A Club
In the early stages of its development, only 5 rowing clubs were affiliated to the Hong Kong, China Rowing Association. These were the Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club, Hong Kong Police Rowing Club, Island School, Hong Kong University Faculty and Staff Union and Hong Kong Sports Association for the Physically Handicapped. Along with the development of the Association, an increasing number of people are taking up rowing, and to date, the number of the affiliated clubs has increased to 29 and rowing is now recognized as a popular sport in Hong Kong.
Objectives of the Clubs’ Development
- To promote and develop rowing so as to increase its popularity ;
- To increase the standard of rowing by providing rowers with quality training and continuous rowing activities;
- To organize and take part in the rowing competitions;
- To organize activities for members so as to form nexus among them; and
- To formulate constitutions for the club, maintain the committee cadre and to carry out the clubs’ affairs.